Desktop Performance: Intel® Core™ i7-4960X Processor Extreme Edition
Latest Intel® Core™ processor Extreme Edition compared to prior generation
With a killer combination of smart features including Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.01, Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology2, and overclocking, the Intel® Core™ i7 processor Extreme Edition is flexible and devastatingly powerful. With the Intel® Core™ i7 processor Extreme Edition, you can not only dominate your gaming competition with an unlocked, unleashed, and uncompromised processor, but also have unparalleled performance for unlimited digital creativity3. Experience the power you need to optimize your workflow and maximize productivity with the ultimate PC processor—because the only thing more amazing than Intel® technology is what you’ll do with it.
Intel® Core™ processor performance related link
Additional information: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
1. Requires a system with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology and Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 are only available on select Intel® processors. Consult your PC manufacturer. Performance varies depending on hardware, software, and system configuration. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.
2. Available on select Intel® Core™ processors. Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) requires an Intel® HT Technology-enabled system. Consult your PC manufacturer. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software used. For more information, including details on which processors support Intel® HT Technology, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hyper-threading/hyper-threading-technology.html.
3. Warning: Altering clock frequency and/or voltage may: (i) reduce system stability and useful life of the system, processor, and other system components; (ii) cause the processor and other system components to fail; (iii) cause reductions in system performance; (iv) cause additional heat or other damage; and (v) affect system data integrity. Intel has not tested, and does not warranty, the operation of the processor beyond its specifications. Intel has not tested, and does not warranty, the operation of other system components beyond their industry standard specifications. Intel assumes no responsibility that the processor and other system components, including if used with altered clock frequencies and/or voltages, will be fit for any particular purpose.
4. Measured using SPECint*_base2006, a compute-intensive integer benchmark sensitive to CPU, memory, and compiler settings. SPECfp_base2006* improvement for latest generation over prior generation is 5 percent.
5. Measured using SPECfp*_rate_base2006, a compute-intensive floating point benchmark sensitive to CPU, memory, and compiler settings. SPECint_rate_base2006* improvement for latest generation over prior generation is 6 percent.
6. Measured using 3DMark* Fire Strike* physics score Performance preset, a 3-D graphics benchmark that measures gaming performance. Find out more at www.futuremark.com.
7. Measured using CINEBENCH* 11.5 1 CPU, a platform test suite that evaluates compute-intensive PC performance by rendering a photorealistic 3-D scene. Find out more at www.maxon.net. CINEBENCH 11.5 X CPU improvement for latest generation over prior generation is 6 percent.
8. Measured using PCMark* 7 - includes a range of tests which measure different dimensions of your system’s performance. Tests consist of a number of small, individual workload tests. The PCMark test is a collection of workloads that measure system performance during typical PC usage. Find out more at www.futuremark.com.
9. Measured using SYSmark* 2012 Media Creation - a system level performance benchmark that measures and compares PC performance using real world applications for the enterprise and office productivity space. Find out more info at www.bapco.com. SYSmark 2012 overall score improvement for the latest generation over prior generation is 5 percent.
10. Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark and MobileMark, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations, and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. For more information, go to www.intel.com/performance.